Thursday, July 2, 2015

Teach Me Through My Trials

Romans 2:29
No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by the Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.

Lord, I want to be this kind of person. I think I'm becoming this kind of person. You certainly are changing my heart and I like it! It's not always a fun process, but you are always here to help me through all of it.

In your perfect love, you see the big picture while I can only see a tiny part of it. 


You know that I need to go through specific trials to get to the end result which you can already see.


I'm so glad that yours is not a weak, oh-poor-baby, let-me-comfort-you-and-take-away-the-pain kind of love. No, yours is a this-is-for-your-best-good and you-need-to-experience-this-pain-to-learn-from-it kind of love. Please help my heart to always be soft so I can learn what you are teaching me. I love you, Daddy! In Jesus' name, amen.


MEMORY VERSE
Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.
Isaiah 26:3-4

No comments: