Friday, July 24, 2015

Keep Your Derriere in the Chair

Exodus 24:12; 15-16; 18
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Come up to me on the mountain. Stay there, and I will give you the tablets of stone on which I have inscribed the instructions and commands so you can teach the people."

Then Moses climbed up the mountain, and the cloud covered it. And the glory of the LORD settled down on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it for six days. On the seventh day the LORD called to Moses from inside the cloud.

Then Moses disappeared into the cloud as he climbed higher up the mountain. He remained on the mountain for forty days and forty nights.



Lord, it seems obvious that there are times when you make us wait to hear from you. Moses had to wait for six days. He had clear direction from you to go up the mountain and stay there. I can only imagine the doubts Moses must have had during those six days of waiting. I have some of those same doubts when I sit down to read your word and don't immediately get something from it.

I wonder if you are training me to be disciplined enough to stay there until I hear from you. Perhaps I need that discipline so that eventually I can climb higher up the mountain with you.

You also want me to show you and myself that I am fully committed and place my highest priority on hearing from you. Being willing to take that time to stay there and ignore all the other activities and entertainments that call to me takes a sacrifice on my part. It's yet another way I must die to myself so I can live for you.

Proverbs 3-5
Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
Search for them as you would for silver;
seek them like hidden treasures.
Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD,
and you will gain knowledge of God.

Keep your derriere in the chair,
until the Lord meets you there!

MEMORY VERSES
All Have Sinned
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23
All Have Sinned

All Have Sinned
Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:6
All Have Sinned

No comments: