Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Living in the Spirit

Romans 7:5-6
When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.


Lord, for years, I was mystified about just what it meant to live in the Spirit. I think I am finally understanding what it means. It's all about turning away from the voice of my sinful nature, and instead listening to the Holy Spirit. I can't turn from the voice of my sinful nature without the help of the Holy Spirit.

There is so much freedom with no condemnation in living this way. Even when I fail and end up sinning, there is no condemnation. There is only that feeling of sorrow which compels me to confess my sin and seek forgiveness. And forgiveness is always there waiting for me.

MEMORY VERSES
2 Chronicles 16:9a
The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
2 Chronicles 16:9a

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: