Friday, September 4, 2015

Faith Like Abraham

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

Bible Reading Heartwork
Week 1 - Day 1
Romans 4; Psalm 140

Romans 4:16
So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham's.

Oh Lord, you are so awesome and mighty. Your wisdom is incomparably high above anything we can comprehend! You not only made a way for this sinful person to be able to have fellowship with you, a holy God, but you also paralyzed my sinful nature from the neck down. It no longer has any power over me! It can scream and threaten and accuse but I have no obligation whatsoever to do what it urges me to do. Romans 8:12

Lord, would you help me to have faith like Abraham's? I confess that there are times when my faith falters. I want to have the kind of faith that KNOWS that you bring the dead back to life and create new things out of nothing. Romans 4:17 Lord, teach me to trust you completely and without reserve; to have faith like a small child.

Lord, I want to thank you for providing this portable AC unit until we can get our AC fixed. What a huge blessing this is!

And thank you for allowing me to have a small part in leading K to Jesus last night! I pray that you will strengthen her faith. Give her a firm foundation and deep roots in you. Help her to understand your word as she reads it and help her to have a passion to read your word every morning. In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES

Psalm 77:1
I cry out to God without holding back.
Psalm 77:1

Psalm 27:8
My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me," and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

MEMORY VERSES

Must Receive Christ
John 1:12
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 1:12
Must Receive Christ

Must Receive Christ
1 Timothy 2:5
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
1 Timothy 2:5
Must Receive Christ



No comments: