Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pour Your Heart Out to Him

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 3 - Day 6
Colossians 3; Psalm 62

Psalm 62:5-8
Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge.

Oh, Lord, please teach me how to do this. Please show me what it looks like to wait quietly before you. My hope is in you! You alone are my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. Oh, Lord God, help me to trust in you at all times. Teach me to pour my heart out to you, for you are my refuge. I love you, Lord! In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.
Romans 12:2

Lamentations 3:37
Can anything happen without the Lord's permission?
Lamentations 3:37

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:1-4
This letter is from James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am writing to the "twelve tribes" - Jewish believers scattered abroad. Greetings! Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it and opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
James 1:1-4

No comments: