Monday, September 14, 2015

I am God's Masterpiece

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 2 - Day 4
Ephesians 2; Psalm 54

Ephesians 2:17-18
He brought this Good News of peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and peace to the Jews who were near. Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.

Thank you, Lord, for including us Gentiles in your wonderful salvation! Thank you for bringing us near to you. I'm so glad that I can now come to the Father through the Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for me.

Ephesians 2:8-10
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Oh, Lord, I'm so thankful that my salvation is not based on my performance! It is not a reward I have to earn, but a free gift you gave me. There is no way I ever could have earned this wonderful grace and mercy.

I praise you for making me your masterpiece and creating me anew in Christ Jesus. Help me to do the good things you planned for me long ago. Please show me what those things are. In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 8:12-14
So, dear brothers and sisters you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you keep on following it, you will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit, you turn from it and its evil deeds, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
Romans 8:12-14

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

MEMORY VERSES

Assurance of Salvation
John 5:24
Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes in him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24
Assurance of Salvation

Assurance of Salvation
1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 John 5:13
Assurance of Salvation

No comments: