Saturday, September 5, 2015

I Can Live in Triumph!

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 1 - Day 2
Romans 5 Psalm 44

Psalm 44:22
But for your sake we are killed every day;
we are being slaughtered like sheep.









Lord, when I read this, I can't help thinking of how Jesus was lead like a lamb to the slaughter. How greatly you suffered for our sake!! You did this so that I can live in triumph over sin and death.

Romans 5:17
For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.

Because of this, I will gladly turn from my selfish ways, take up my cross daily and follow you!

Luke 9:23
Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed?"

Indeed, your word calls me to die to myself daily.

Colossians 3:5
So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don't be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

Lord, I can't do this on my own. I need you to help me put to death all those sinful earthly desires that are lurking within me. I know that one of the ways you help me is by allowing me to hear those other voices. Help me to know when I am hearing any voice that is not yours. Please fine tune my spiritual ears to hear and recognize the difference. I want to expose them so that I can turn and listen to your voice instead. This is the way I life in triumph over sin and death!

Lord, I want to thank you for helping MyHero to fix our AC. Will you please help it to keep running even though it is past the time when it should be replaced. Please help MyHero and I to get onto a budget and stick to it.

Thank you for giving ManBoy that job working with his Grandpa. Please keep him safe there while working with those machines. I pray that you will be at work in ManBoy. Please draw him back to yourself. Give him a hunger and thirst for you.

I pray that Fashionista and RoboBoy will have a passion for you and your word. Please raise up my children as mighty warriors for YOU! In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Psalm 77:1
I cry out to God without holding back.
Psalm 77:1

Psalm 27:8
My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me," and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

MEMORY VERSES
Must Receive Christ
John 1:12
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 1:12
Must Receive Christ

Must Receive Christ
1 Timothy 2:5
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
1 Timothy 2:5
Must Receive Christ

No comments: