Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Throw Off Your Old Sinful Nature

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 2 - Day 6
Ephesians 4; Psalm 10

Ephesians 4:20-24
But that isn't what you learned about Christ. Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God - truly righteous and holy.

Lord God, I need your help to throw off my old sinful nature and former way of life. They cling to me like some sort of nasty, slimy creatures, clinging to me with their arms and legs. I twist and turn while tugging at them, but they refuse to budge by my efforts. It's only with your help that I am able to to peel them off.

Holy Spirit, I need you to renew my thoughts and attitudes. Transform me into a new person by changing the way I think. Then I will know what God wants me to do, and I will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is. (Romans 12:2) Help me to put on my new nature, created to be like God - truly righteous and holy. In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 8:12-14
So, dear brothers and sisters you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you keep on following it, you will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit, you turn from it and its evil deeds, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
Romans 8:12-14

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

MEMORY VERSES
Assurance of Salvation
John 5:24
Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes in him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24
Assurance of Salvation

Assurance of Salvation
1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 John 5:13
Assurance of Salvation

No comments: