Monday, September 21, 2015

Lord, Help My Life to Always Honor and Please You

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 3 - Day 4
Colossians 1; Psalm 60
Colossians 1:9-10
So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.

Lord, would you give me complete knowledge of your will and give me spiritual wisdom and understanding? I want the way I live to always honor and please you. I want my life to produce every kind of good fruit. Allow me to grow as I learn to know you better and better. In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.
Romans 12:2

Lamentations 3:37
Can anything happen without the Lord's permission?
Lamentations 3:37

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:1-4
This letter is from James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am writing to the "twelve tribes" - Jewish believers scattered abroad. Greetings! Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it and opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
James 1:1-4

No comments: