Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Take Control of What I Say, O Lord

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 4 - Day 6
Daniel 6; Psalm 141

Psalm 141:3-4
Take control of what I say, O Lord,
and guard my lips.
Don't let me drift toward evil 
or take part in acts of wickedness.
Don't let me share in the delicacies
of those who do wrong.

This graphic is borrowed from Empowered Bible Study Ministries.
Oh, Lord, I so need you to do this for me too! My tongue is always getting me into trouble. I need you to put a guard over my lips. But what I say comes from what I think. It all starts in the mind. So what I really need is for you to change me on the inside. Change the way I think. Please make your desires my desires.

Lord, it is so easy for me to drift toward evil when I'm not paddling toward you. I want to stay as close to you as I can get and as far from wickedness and evil as possible.

Psalm 141:5
Let the godly strike me! It will be a kindness! If they correct me, it is soothing medicine. Don't let me refuse it.

Lord, I pray that you will allow the godly people in my life to keep me accountable. Have them confront me if they see anything in my life that is dishonoring to you. Have them correct me when I need it and don't let me refuse it. Let me recognize that you are using them to speak to me. In Jesus' name, amen. 

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 8:5-7 & 11
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you!
Romans 8:5-7 & 11

Psalm 81:13-14
But OH that my people would listen to me. Oh that they would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be upon their foes.
Psalm 81:13-14

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:5-8
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waiver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.
James 1:5-8

No comments: