Sunday, September 27, 2015

Help Me Defeat My Sinful Nature!

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

I feel that I owe some explanation for why I haven't posted in a few days. It has been a very rough few days for me. I had a migraine for nearly 3 days and needed to avoid being on the computer. Still not feeling great. 

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 4 - Day 3
1 Peter 3; Psalm 85

Psalm 85:11
Teach me your ways, O LORD,
that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
so that I may honor you.

Lord, I want to live according to your truth. You know that I have that old sinful nature constantly yapping in my ear. Lord, please help me to tune that voice out so that I can listen to your voice instead. It's a constant battle, but Jesus, I know you fought the same battle while here on earth. You are the only human who has ever managed to never engage that other voice, ever. Because of that, but mostly because of what you did on the cross, I know that you can help me to be victorious over my sinful nature.

She must decrease so that you can increase! I want to see her melting like the wicket witch that she is. It isn't a bucket of water that will defeat her. It will take diligent attention to your voice instead of hers. Each time that I manage to avoid engaging with her and listen to your voice instead lets you increase and she must decrease. I know that she will never completely go away, but the more I have of you in my life, the easier it will be to ignore her voice. In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 8:5-7 & 11
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you!
Romans 8:5-7 & 11

Psalm 81:13-14
But OH that my people would listen to me. Oh that they would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be upon their foes.
Psalm 81:13-14

MEMORY VERSES

James 1:5-8
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waiver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.
James 1:5-8

No comments: