Thursday, September 17, 2015

Live as People of Light

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 2 - Day 7
Ephesians 5; Psalm 28

Ephesians 5:8-11
For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true. Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them.

Lord, help me to live like this! I do have light from you, the Holy Spirit and your word. Help me to live as a person of the light. I want my life to produce only what is good and right and true. I can carefully determine what pleases you as your Holy Spirit guides me in spending time with you getting to know you by reading your word relationally. Don't let me take part in the deeds of evil and darkness but instead, expose them.

Lord, I need your help today. Help me as I homeschool these kids. It's not easy dealing with teenagers, especially when one of them is an aspie. Please give me wisdom.

Lord, RoboBoy's new medication doesn't seem to be helping him. I'm not real sure what to do at this point. Do we increase his dose? I'm sensing the I need to call the doctor and apprise him of the situation. RoboBoy needs to be able to do his schoolwork and that is not happening right now. Lord, you know what the right balance of his medication is to allow him to get the sleep he needs and also be able to do his schoolwork. Please help us to find it. In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 8:12-14
So, dear brothers and sisters you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you keep on following it, you will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit, you turn from it and its evil deeds, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
Romans 8:12-14

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

MEMORY VERSES
Assurance of Salvation
John 5:24
Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes in him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24
Assurance of Salvation

Assurance of Salvation
1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 John 5:13
Assurance of Salvation

No comments: