Monday, September 7, 2015

I Failed the Test

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!

BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 1 - Day 4
Romans 7; Psalm 43

Romans 7:24-8-2
Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.







Lord, I confess that I forgot to remember this last night. I'd had plenty to eat and didn't need any dessert. But when RoboBoy decided to go get some, I caved. I confess that at that moment my desire for dessert was stronger than my desire to do what I knew was right. Please forgive me. Help me to put to death the deeds of my sinful nature.

Romans 8:12-14 NLT 2nd edition
Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

Psalm 43:2-3
For you are God, my only save haven.
Why have you tossed me aside?
Why must I wander around in grief
oppressed by my enemies? (my sinful nature)
Send out your light and your truth,
let them guide me.
Let them lead me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you live.

Lord, you are my only save haven. I asked you to continue to help me learn and grow in recognizing and exposing my sinful nature and those other voices. I failed this test but by your grace, please help me to pass the next one. Send out your light and your truth, let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live.

I want to reside in your presence, Lord, because in your presence there is fullness of joy. And at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11 NKJV

In Jesus' name, amen.

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Psalm 77:1
I cry out to God without holding back.
Psalm 77:1

Psalm 27:8
My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me," and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

MEMORY VERSES
Must Receive Christ
John 1:12
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 1:12
Must Receive Christ

Must Receive Christ
1 Timothy 2:5
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
1 Timothy 2:5
Must Receive Christ

No comments: