Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Don't Let Me Pull Another Balaam!

Numbers 22:32

"Why did you beat your donkey those three times?" the angel of the Lord demanded. "Look, I have come to block your way because you are stubbornly resisting me."



Lord, is there any area in my life where I'm stubbornly resisting you? Help me to not be blinded by my own fleshly desires, but always be able to see your will for me. I could easily want something so badly that I start misinterpreting what you are saying to me, or ignoring you all together. In fact, I have done that very thing!

Years ago I needed a car to get to and from work. I had only $500 to spend. My friend took me car shopping, but of course there wasn't much available for $500. I was shown a car that looked nice on the surface. But I ignored the Holy Spirit's prompting to take it for a test drive. I was blinded by my desire for that car. I laid down my $500, signed the papers, and the deal was done.

As I drove that car home there was a smoke screen following me the whole way. It turned out that there were serious problems with the engine. I never even got to drive that car after I got it home. Eventually it had to be junked. That was a VERY tough lesson for me. If I had just listened to the Holy Spirit, then I would have saved myself from buying a complete lemon.

Lord, help me to listen closely to your promptings so that I don't pull another Balaam in my life!

Thank you for the tough lessons that still smart when I think about them!!

In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6

Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

No comments: