Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Help Me to Choose the God Who is Love Over the god of War

Numbers 22:29

"What sorrow awaits you, O people of Moab!
You are finished, O worshipers of Chemosh!
Chemosh has left his sons as refugees,
his daughters as captives of Sihon, the Amorite King."

Chemosh was a god of war. However, the God who IS love defeated him!! I read about one of his defeats in this passage. But his true defeat was when Jesus allowed himself to be nailed to that cross.


The question I must answer is, "Do I live like Chemosh has been defeated in my life??" My first response when I'm being attacked is not to love, but to get defensive. Defensiveness is a posture of war. I even rehearse battles in my mind. This does NOT bring me life and peace, but only more and more turmoil. 

Chemosh ALWAYS leaves his followers as refugees and captives! The God who is love ALWAYS leads his followers to life and peace!

Lord, when I am feeling defensive or catch myself rehearsing battles in my mind, help me through the power of the Holy Spirit to turn from my sinful nature and its evil deeds! (Romans 8:13) It may happen in the middle of a conversation. In fact, that is when I am most likely to feel attacked. When this happens, help me to pray in my mind and ask YOU to help me. Perhaps I will need you to shut the mouth of my attacker or I may need to get over my pride and seek forgiveness from both you and the person I've wronged. Either way, Lord, help me to choose the God who is love over the god of war. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6

Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

No comments: