Tuesday, December 1, 2015

No Room For Prejudice

Numbers 15:15

"Native-born Israelites and foreigners are equal before the Lord and are subject to the same decrees. This is a permanent law for you, to be observed from generation to generation. "

There is no room for prejudice in living for God. Lord, I like to think that I am completely free from any attitudes of prejudice, but if I am honest with myself, there is still some lurking in my heart. Not toward people of other races. No, that is not an issue for me. It's toward people who are extremely liberal in their thinking. Yes, that is where my struggle is.

When I see a "coexist" bumper sticker or hear some liberal view, this prejudice raises it's ugly head in my heart. Help me to cut the head off this nasty attitude!! Help me to see these people as you see them. Not as my enemies, but as lost souls who desperately need the love of Christ.

Thank you, Lord, for not allowing me to go off on that other rabbit trail I wanted to follow this morning. You wanted to show me this sin in my heart. You are answering my prayers from Psalm 19:12-14 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. I continue to pray this for myself. I love you, Lord!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
Proverbs 7:2-3
Obey my commands and live!
Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.
Tie them on your fingers as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
Proverbs 7:2-3

2 Corinthians 4:4
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
2 Corinthians 4:4

Philippians 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Philippians 2:14-15

No comments: