Sunday, December 6, 2015

Lack of Trust as a Root of Disobedience

Numbers 20:12

But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!"



Lord, you said that Moses and Aaron's mistake was not trusting you. That lack of trust displayed itself in disobedience. When I am tempted to disobey you perhaps I need to take a look and see if there is a lack of trust in you at the root.

Lord, as much as I love you, I know there will be times when my faith is weak. If Moses had a time like that, then who am I to be exempt from that? When those times come, help me to cry out to you without holding back.

I love that you are holy, Lord! In you there is no darkness at all. I'm so glad for that! I don't think I would be able to wholeheartedly follow a God who wasn't holy like you. Thank you for proving your holiness again and again, so that when our all too human hearts question your holiness, we have a multitude of examples to quiet our questions.

I love you, Lord!! Please continue to increase my faith!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6

Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

No comments: