Sunday, December 13, 2015

You Are the Good Shepherd

Numbers 27:15-17

Then Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, you are the God who gives breath to all creatures. Please appoint a new man as leader for the community. Give them someone who will guide them wherever they go and will lead them into battle, so the community of the Lord will not be like sheep without a shepherd."

John 10:14-15
"I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep."



Thank you, Lord, for answering Moses' request in more than just the short-term. 

I'm so glad that you are always looking at the big picture and thinking with the end in mind.

Help me to think like that too. Of course, I'll never be able to see the whole big picture until I get to heaven. But with your help, I can learn to think with the end in mind.

Thank you for making me one of your sheep. It's only because the good shepherd was willing to lay down his life that I am able to be part of his flock. I praise you, Jesus, for being the Good Shepherd!! I love you and praise you! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Philippians 4:8
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8

Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: