Saturday, December 12, 2015

Let Me See Your Quiet Miracles

Numbers 26:64-65

Not one person on this list had been among those listed in the previous registration taken by Moses and Aaron in the wilderness of Sinai. For the Lord had said of them, "They will all die in the wilderness." Not one of them survived except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

Lord, you said that none of those listed in the previous registration would survive. That is exactly what happened. Only three people from that first generation were left, Moses, Caleb, and Joshua. When you say you will do something we can trust that you WILL do it.

The fulfillment of this promise is a miracle that we often fail to recognize. An entire generation died and was replaced within 40 years. How many quiet miracles do you work in our daily lives?? Help us see the quiet miracles so that we can celebrate them! Like the fact that I have your breath in my lungs today.

You are constantly working behind the scenes to accomplish your plans in my life and in the lives of those I love. Help me to remember this even when I can't see how you are working.

Lord, you have been blessing us financially lately and I praise you for that. However, I can feel my focus slipping from you onto all the THINGS we can now afford. Thank you for helping me to see this. Please help me to keep my focus on you! Help MyHero and I to remember that the reason you bless us is so that we can bless others who are less fortunate.

I do praise you for giving us the ability to afford that dishwasher I've been wanting to replace the broken one with, and hopefully a 2nd car so that we don't have to share one vehicle anymore. Lord, you know that it has been the desire of my heart to have my own car for forever. Our entire 22 years of married life MyHero and I have shared a vehicle. It has been quite difficult at times to make this work. So, yes, I am very excited at the prospect of getting a 2nd vehicle.

I praise you, Lord, because I am seeing you fulfill Psalm 37:4, "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires", in my life. That is another one of your quiet miracles!!


Thank you, Lord!! I love you SO much!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Philippians 4:8
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8

Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: