Monday, December 7, 2015

Help Me Look At You, LORD!

Numbers 21:9

So Moses made a snake out of bronze and attached it to a pole. Then anyone who was bitten by a snake could look at the bronze snake and be healed!

This picture is borrowed from http://www.eternallifeblog.com/nehushtan/
Lord, I've never understood why a snake? Now I get the bronze part. Bronze stands for judgement. I praise you for being lifted up to save me from my sin! Now I don't have to suffer from the poison of my sin.

Help me to look to you anytime I'm feeling the effects of my sinful nature. Last night I was feeling that for sure. I did pray and I did ask what voices I was hearing. I should have actually written them down as well as what you wanted to say to me instead. I did ask you to forgive me for engaging those other voices and I did find life and peace, or at least I wasn't feeling so crabby and out of sorts.

Thank you for being the lover of my soul!! I'm so glad that you give me a way to escape when I'm feeling so icky. Please help me to be quicker to run to you when I feel like that and not make excuses for feeling that way. I love you so much! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6

Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

No comments: