Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Holy Spirit, Fill Me Up

John 14:15-17
"If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth."

Thank you, Jesus, for not abandoning us as orphans. Thank you for leaving the Holy Spirit with us. I'm so glad that the Holy Spirit will never leave me. Somehow, I'd gotten this crazy idea that I need to be refilled with the Holy Spirit every day. While that is true, in my brain, I figured it was because I had somehow used up my small portion of him. Now I see that is not true. He never leaves me and I can never use up his power in me.

 The reason I need to be "topped off" every day is to push my flesh out of the way. Each day I want more of the Holy Spirit so I can be more like Jesus and less like me. Hopefully every day there is less of me, making more room for HIM!



MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

John 12:49-50
"I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say."
John 12:49-50

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: