Monday, June 8, 2015

Spiritual Food

John 4:34
Then Jesus explained: "My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work."

Lord, what are you wanting to say to me through this verse? It seems important because you reminded me that I am fasting from sugar and sugar substitutes right now. Maybe it has something to do with choosing what is better for me. Physical food is good and keeps me alive here on earth, but spiritual food is better and will keep me alive for eternity.

Thank you for showing me that my spiritual appetite needs to be filled with more than just reading my Bible, prayer and going to church. I also need to be obeying what you tell me to do and making the most of every opportunity to tell others about you.
I praise you for task you have given me to help disciple young Christians in our Salt & Light Group. This is a huge responsibility. I pray that you would give both Jenny and me wisdom and your words to share with these precious new believers. Please give us discernment to know how to guide them and when to correct them. Help us to encourage them as they grow in you.

Lord, I pray also for the leadership of Salt & Light. I pray that you will give Debbie and the servant team wisdom and discernment as well. Thank you for putting them in leadership over us. Please protect them as they are on the front lines in this spiritual war. In Jesus' name, amen.

2 Corinthians 4:15-17
All of this is for your benefit. And as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

MEMORY VERSES
2 Corinthians 4:15-17
All of this is for your benefit. And as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!
2 Corinthians 4:15-17

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: