Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I've Been Set Free From the Power of Sin

John 8:34-36
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free."

Romans 8:15
So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."

Romans 6:16
Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval.

Jesus, I praise you for setting me free from the power of sin and adopting me! I now have your Spirit in me to help me choose to obey God and not my sinful nature.

I have therefore no obligation whatsoever to do what my sinful nature urges me to do. For if I keep on following it, I will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit, I turn from it and its evil deeds, I will live. For since I am led by the Spirit of God, I am a child of God.
Romans 8:12-14

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:14-15
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. Those desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
James 1:14-15

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: