Friday, June 19, 2015

Jesus, The Light of My World

John 11:9-10
Jesus replied, "There are twelve hours of daylight every day. During the day people can walk safely. They can see because they have the light of this world. But at night there is danger of stumbling because they have no light."

John 9:4-5
"We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work. But while I am here in the world, I am the light of the world."

Lord, I'm struggling to understand what you meant in these two passages. They seem so out of context to the conversations they are in. Maybe you were speaking of the short amount of time you had left here? Yet, I'm convinced there is more you want me to see here. Please help me to understand. Guide my search to find the treasures here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So the disciples didn't want you to go to Judea because the people there wanted to kill you. You were basically telling them that you could see clearly that you needed to go there. You needed to give light and understanding to those people by raising Lazarus from the dead.

I should not take time arguing or questioning you when you are clearly leading me. Instead, I should quickly carry out the task you have assigned me. When you are clearly leading me, even if it's to a place that seems guaranteed to be a death sentence for me, I can go with confidence. I can know that I will walk safely because I go in the daylight of your presence and purpose. When I walk in your light, I have no danger of stumbling.
Thank you, Jesus, for helping me to understand these passages. Please, deepen my understanding. In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: