Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Don't Belong Here

John 15:18-19
"If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you."


I shouldn't be surprised by the hostile attitude toward Christians in this world. We are foreigners in this world. Our behavior, customs, and very thoughts tend to be different from the citizens of this world. If we are remaining in Christ and he in us, then we are in the process of becoming new people by letting God change the way we think.

This world can't understand us and we make them uncomfortable. But it's not really us they hate. It's the one we are growing to resemble more and more. It's the one we follow and emulate.

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

John 12:49-50
"I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say."
John 12:49-50

No comments: