Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Provider

John 6:8-9
Then Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up, "There's a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?"

This boy was willing to give all he had to you, Jesus. And it really wasn't much. Barley was the food of the poorest people. In fact, barley was also given to the livestock to eat.


When I give you my all, even the most meager bit, you are able to multiply it to supply not only my needs, but also the needs of others around me.

Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

You are able to supply all my needs. It's on me to remain in you and be obedient to what you tell me to do. It's on you to provide for my needs. When I worry, I'm revealing my lack of trust in you.

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

When I talk to you about everything, telling you what I need and thanking you for all you have done, you whisk away my worry and replace it with trust. You are the ONLY one who can do this for me. You take my worry and replace it with a peace that exceeds anything I can understand.

You are awesome and mighty and worthy of all my praise! My heart rejoices in you! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: