Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Speak Life

John 5:14
But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, "Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you."

Lord, how many times did you offer forgiveness of sins before you gave physical healing. Yet in this instance, you didn't even offer. Instead, you told this man to stop sinning. It must have been obvious to you that he was not ready to repent. This is so sad to me. This man may have been healed, but he was still dead.

John 5:25-26
"And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it's here now, when the dead will hear my voice - the voice of the Son of Man. And those who will listen will live. The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son.

Lord, speak your words through me to share that life-giving power with the dead around me. I have the power to speak life because I have your power within me. It's your word that saves, not my words. That's why I want to memorize as much of your word as I can. Help your words to be constantly coming out of my mouth. 
For that to happen, I need to be intentional. I need to be thinking about the verses I'm learning and reviewing them in my mind. Lord, that doesn't come naturally to me. I tend to get caught up in the details and minutia of my life. Please remind me to think about my verses when my mind is free of other demands. Help this to become a habit so that I automatically meditate on and review my verses every chance I get. I want to be so steeped in your word that it seems to exude from my very pores and I can't help speaking your words to everyone I meet. In Jesus' name, amen.



MEMORY VERSES
2 Corinthians 4:15-17
All of this is for your benefit. And as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!
2 Corinthians 4:15-17

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: