Sunday, June 21, 2015

This Kind of Love

John 13:34-35
"So now I am giving you a new commandment. Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
 
Lord, I need help to love like this. This is the kind of love that humbles itself for others. This is the kind of love that washes the feet of even the one who betrays it.


This kind of love does not come naturally to me. This is the kind of love that shows I belong to you and causes others to want to be yours as well. 

This is the kind of love that mows the lawn for her husband because she felt the Lord ask her to. It goes out of its way to bless others. It stays in close communion with God because He is its source. Help me to love like this! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

John 12:49-50
"I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say."
John 12:49-50

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: