Friday, June 12, 2015

Take My Thoughts Captive

John 6:68-69
Simon Peter replied, "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know that you are the Holy One of God."

Lord Jesus, I want only you. You are my only source of life and peace.

Proverbs 11:19
Godly people find life; evil people find death.

James 1:14-15
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

Lord, you know my thoughts. You know how these evil thoughts sometimes invade my mind. I don't want to think them, but they keep coming anyway. Please don't let these evil thoughts/desires drag me away. Help me to take my every thought captive to make it obedient to you, Christ.



2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:14-15
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. Those desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
James 1:14-15

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: