Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I Was Blind, and Now I Can See

John 9:24-25
So for the second time, they called in the man who had been born blind and told him, "God should get the glory for this, because we know this man Jesus is a sinner."

There is much questioning in this chapter about who was a sinner. The disciples assumed that because the man was born blind, then either he or his parents were sinners. The Pharisees decided that Jesus was a sinner because he healed on the Sabbath. They also held the belief that the man had been born a total sinner. (Verse 34) The truth of the matter is that we were ALL born total sinners.

The man who had been blind had more understanding than the Pharisees. He said that if Jesus were not from God, then he wouldn't have been able to heal his eyes.

Jesus is the ONLY human to ever be born totally without sin. That is why he is the only one who can take our sin away. He is indeed the light of the world who gives sight to the blind and shows those who think they see that they are actually blind.
Lord, please improve my spiritual sight. Bring into focus the areas where I think I can see clearly but I'm actually blind. Most of all help me to see you clearly. Let me see other people the way you see them. Thank you for what you taught me this morning. In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:14-15
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. Those desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
James 1:14-15

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: