Friday, August 7, 2015

A Raw Moment With Jesus

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Lord, this his how I feel:
Today I am feeling so dry. I started out feeling so excited about seeing you in the details of the Tabernacle. Now it has become a chore to read and journal about it. Lord, I need a fresh word from you! Today, I couldn't even bring myself to journal about what I read in Exodus because I'm feeling so icky. My body is struggling and so my brain isn't working very well this morning.

Dear Jesus, you said through Paul that your power works best in weakness. So please be at work in my weakness today!

You know that I want to to with the girls to do street evangelism tonight. My body is rebelling. Will you please be at work in my body to heal it and help me to be able to go? And yet, if you choose not to heal my body, please help me to step out in faith that your grace will be sufficient for me!

I praise you for my friend, who encouraged me to cry out to you without holding back. I praise you for your word that gives me strength and empowers me to do your will. Thank you for speaking to me today! I love you so much!! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
Sin's Penalty
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Sin's Penalty

Sin's Penalty
Hebrews 9:27
Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgement.
Hebrews 9:27
Sin's Penalty

No comments: