Saturday, August 29, 2015

My Daily Bread

Leviticus 7:13-15
"This peace offering of thanksgiving must also be accompanied by loaves of bread made with yeast. One of each kind of bread must be presented as a gift to the LORD. It will then belong to the priest who splattered the blood of the peace offering against the altar. The meat of the peace offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the same day it is offered. None of it may be saved for the next morning."





Bread represents our daily sustenance and God's provision. So it is appropriate that it should accompany the peace offering of thanksgiving. God gives us our exact daily portion so we don't need to attempt to hoard anything for future use.

Lord, it is so cool that you showed this to me on the very day of the big shopping spree. Many of us have freely given our of our abundance, to give for free to others who may have need. But the greatest need of many of these women is to have YOU in charge of their lives.

Lord, I will have the chance today to take many things that are being given away for free. Help me to not have a greedy mindset. Help me to remember that I have a Lord who gives me my daily bread so I don't have to go grabbing whatever I can get. I love you so much!! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
Christ Paid the Penalty
1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
1 Peter 3:18
Christ Paid the Penalty

Christ Paid the Penalty
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:5
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: