Thursday, August 27, 2015

He Guides My Heart!

Leviticus 5:1
"If you are called to testify about something you have seen or that you know about, it is sinful to refuse to testify, and you will be punished for your sin."





It's funny how personal experience can make a verse like this jump right off the page. Earlier this year, I saw from my living room window our young neighbor's boyfriend abusing her. I called the police who came and later wanted a statement from me. 

A week or two later I got a call from an attorney who asked if I would be willing to testify in court if needed. This person also took my statement. I have yet to be called to give my testimony in court. But I've always felt kind of guilty for saying that I would and afraid to actually do it. Yet, somehow I knew it was the right thing to do.

Now I have it in no uncertain terms, right here in my Bible. If I do eventually get called to testify about what I saw, I'll have no excuse to refuse.

Psalm 37:23-24
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.

Lord, it's comforting and reassuring to realize that you were guiding my heart in the right direction even when I wasn't totally sure of what to do. Please continue to direct my steps and guide every detail of my life. Then even if I stumble I will not fall, for you hold me by the hand. I'm so in love with you!! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Christ Paid the Penalty
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: