Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Christ Jesus, Our High Priest

Leviticus 4:31
"Then he must remove all the goat's fat, just as he does with the fat of the peace offering. He will burn the fat on the altar, and it will be a pleasing aroma to the LORD. Through this process, the priest will purify the people, making them right with the LORD, and they will be forgiven"






Dear Lord, I'm so thankful that we no longer have to rely on human priests to secure our forgiveness through the blood of animals. Christ Jesus is now my High Priest and he has once and forever secured my redemption with his own blood.

Hebrews 9:11-12
So Christ has now become the High Priest over all the good things that have come. He has entered that greater more perfect Tabernacle in heaven, which was not made by human hands and is not part of this created world. With his own blood - not the blood of goats and calves - he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.

I praise you, Jesus, for giving your life for me! Please help me to show my unending, inexpressible gratitude by daily taking up my cross, dying to myself and living for you! In Jesus' powerful name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Christ Paid the Penalty
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: