Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Anointing Oil

Exodus 30:22-33

In the Bible oil always seems to represent the Holy Spirit. It's no different here. This oil was used to anoint the priests and everything in and associated with worship in the Tabernacle. Not just the altar, but also all of it's utensils. Not just the lampstand, but also all of it's accessories.

We should seek to include the Lord and the Holy Spirit in all we do, even the mundane. Then even these mundane tasks will be transformed into acts of worship. They become anointed by the Holy Spirit and therefore holy. Doing laundry, or the dishes can become holy worship for the Lord. Changing poopy diapers can become an act of holy service for God. Teaching my children math can become my worship to Jesus.















Colossians 3:23
Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

Psalm 37:23-24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Lord, help me to remember to include you in even the mundane details of my life. I want my life to be worship to you. I thank you that you delight in every detail of my life! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Salvation Not By Works
Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9
Salvation Not By Works

No comments: