Friday, August 28, 2015

The Fire Must Never Go Out

Leviticus 6:12-13
"Meanwhile, the fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must never go out. Each morning the priest will add fresh wood to the fire and arrange the burnt offering on it. He will then burn the fat of the peace offerings on it. Remember, the fire must be kept burning on the altar at all times. It must never go out."





I must keep the fire on the altar of my heart burning for you, Lord. It is up to me to add fresh wood every morning, by spending time with you. I need to arrange the burnt offering by the sacrifice of my time, sleep, energy or whatever you ask me to give. I burn the fat of the peace offering to maintain my fellowship with you.

2 Timothy 1:5-7
I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Revelation 3:15-16
"I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

Lord, I don't ever want my fire for you to go out! I will continue to buy gold from you that has been purified with fire. I will buy white garments from you to cover my nakedness. I will buy ointment for my eyes so I will be able to see.

I will listen for your knock so that we can fellowship together. When my heart hears you say, "Come and talk with me," it will respond, "Lord, I am coming." In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
Christ Paid the Penalty
1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
1 Peter 3:18
Christ Paid the Penalty

Christ Paid the Penalty
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:5
Christ Paid the Penalty


No comments: