Monday, August 31, 2015

First Obey

Leviticus 9:6 & 24
And Moses said, "This is what the LORD has commanded you to do so that the glory of the LORD may appear to you."...Fire blazed forth from the LORD'S presence and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar. When the people saw this, they shouted with joy and fell face down on the ground.

If I expect to see the Lord at work in my life, then I need to be doing what he has commanded me to do. We cannot expect to see the glory without first being obedient.

1 Samuel 15:22-23
But Samuel replied:
"What is more pleasing to the LORD:
your burnt offerings and sacrifices
or your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft,
and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols.
So because you have rejected the command of the LORD,
he has rejected you as king."

Lord, help me to always be obedient to what you tell me to do. I obey you because I know and love you. And because I want more of your presence in my life. I want to please you, Lord. I want to live in constant sweet fellowship with you. In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES

Christ Paid the Penalty
1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
1 Peter 3:18
Christ Paid the Penalty

Christ Paid the Penalty
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:5
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: