Monday, August 10, 2015

The Altar of Incense

Exodus 30:1-10

Incense represents our prayers to a Holy God. This wooden alter of incense overlaid with gold and wearing a crown is a picture of our victorious Savior interceding for us day and night.

"Jesus' intercessory ministry makes Him the ultimate fulfillment of all that the Levitical priesthood stood for. We cannot bypass Calvary (self must still be crucified), nor the 'washing of water by the word' (the Laver), nor forego the Living Bread at the Table of Fellowship. These are all vital parts of the process. But if it were not for Christ's intercessory ministry, we'd still be lost!"*

















Jesus, I praise you for interceding for me! I am so thankful that you are my High Priest! Help me to daily die to myself so that I can live for you. Wash me clean with your word as I read, meditate on, and memorize it. Thank you for the fellowship we share as I talk to you throughout my day. In Jesus' name, amen.

*Hersberger, Ervin N. (2010) Seeing Christ in the Tabernacle. Harrisonburg, VA: Vision Publishers.

MEMORY VERSE
Salvation Not By Works
Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9
Salvation Not By Works

No comments: