Monday, August 24, 2015

Have the Qualities of Salt Among Yourselves

Leviticus 2:13
Season all your grain offerings with salt to remind you of God's eternal covenant. Never forget to add salt to your grain offerings.

The mini-commentary in my Bible says that salt was given as a gift to confirm the durability and imperishable nature of an agreement or contract in the ancient Middle East. Every time a grain offering was brought, it was a reminder of God's covenant with his people.


Jesus said that we must have the qualities of salt among ourselves.

Mark 9:50
"Salt is good for seasoning. But if it looses its flavor, how do you make it salty again? You must have the qualities of salt among yourselves and live in peace with each other."

What are the qualities of salt??
seasons                   preserves
purifies                   causes thirst
heals                      treats dehydration

Lord, help me to remember to add salt to my daily offering to you! Help me to be pure in my thinking and conduct. Help my speech to be seasoned with salt and have a healing effect on those I speak to. Help the words I say and my life to cause others to thirst for YOU and to refresh the thirsty and spiritually dehydrated. In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Christ Paid the Penalty
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: