Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Peace Offering

Leviticus 3:1
"If you present an animal from the herd as a peace offering to the Lord, it may be a male or female, but it must have no defects."




Peace offerings were given to show gratitude to God and to continue in fellowship with him. Lord, you have given me such extravagant love and blessings, I don't want my expression of thankfulness to be cheap. Just as David refused to present a burnt offering to You, that cost him nothing, Lord, my gift of gratitude should not cost me nothing.

2 Samuel 24:24
But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on buying it, for I will not present burnt offerings to the LORD my God that have cost me nothing."

Lord, years ago, you used this very verse in 2 Samuel to speak to me about getting up earlier to spend time with you. I believe that you are saying the same thing to me again. I still haven't learned this lesson.

Lord, you know how precious my sleep is to me. Yet, YOU are even MORE precious to me. Help me to put my sinful flesh to death and get up earlier in spite of how tired I may be. I praise you for how you have spoken to me! In Jesus' wonderful name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Christ Paid the Penalty
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: