Friday, August 14, 2015

The Golden Calf

Exodus 32:3-4
All the people took the gold rings from their ears and brought them to Aaron. Then Aaron took the gold, melted it down, and molded it into the shape of a calf. When the people saw it, they exclaimed, "O Israel, these are the gods who brought you out of the land of Egypt!"

Lord, I wonder if the gold came from their ears because they were listening to the wrong voices. Rather than listening to the voice of truth, they were paying attention to voices that were saying things like, "Where is this fellow Moses?" and "We need gods that we can see!" If we allow our selves to listen to those other voices too often, then they can become the object of our worship.

Romans 6:16
Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval.


Lord, please help me to be aware of what voice I am listening to. I only want to obey you! I don't want to fashion any false gods for myself. You are the only one worthy of all my worship and adoration! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Salvation Not By Works
Titus 3:5
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
Titus 3:5
Salvation Not By Works

No comments: