Friday, August 21, 2015

The Golden Thread

Exodus 39:2-3
Bezalel made the ephod of finely woven linen and embroidered it with gold and blue, purple, and scarlet thread. He made gold thread by hammering out thin sheets of gold and cutting it into fine strands. With great skill and care, he worked it into the fine linen with the blue, purple, and scarlet thread.

Lord, with great skill and care, you work that same golden thread into my life. Even yesterday, my best friend and I discovered that you had spoken the same thing to both of us. We had not discussed this before hand, yet you put it in both our minds. That is a sort of golden thread, but I believe there is another.



Gold stands for the glory and deity of Jesus. You are infusing my life with an understanding of your deity and glory. I get constant glimpses of your majesty which sustain me until I get to see you face to face and place my crown at your feet.

Lord, please continue to give me peeks at your majesty, glory and deity everyday. These give me reassurance that you are in control and everything will work out for my very best good, even if the process is painful. In Jesus' name, amen.


MEMORY VERSE
Christ Paid the Penalty
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Christ Paid the Penalty

No comments: