Thursday, October 1, 2015

He Has Given Us Great and Precious Promises

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 4 - Day 7
2 Peter 1; Psalm 142


2 Peter 1:4-9
V. 4
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me these great and precious promises. I praise you for giving me a way to share in your divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by my human desires.

Vs. 5-7
In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

Lord, I must confess that I have no idea how to do all that this says to do. But I have a "want to". So will you please take that "want to" and show me how to do this?

Vs. 8-9
The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins.

Lord, I want to be productive and useful in my knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ. I don't want my knowledge to be just head knowledge. I want it to result in action that brings glory to YOU. I don't want to be shortsighted or blind. And I certainly don't want to forget that I have been cleansed from my old sins. Thank you, Lord, for putting me into a community of sisters who remind me of this all the time! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Romans 8:5-7 & 11
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you!
Romans 8:5-7 & 11

Psalm 81:13-14
But OH that my people would listen to me. Oh that they would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be upon their foes.
Psalm 81:13-14

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:5-8
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waiver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.
James 1:5-8

No comments: