Saturday, October 3, 2015

He Trains My Hands For War

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 5 - Day 2
2 Peter 3; Psalm 144

Psalm 144:1-2
Praise the LORD, who is my rock.
He trains my hands for war
and gives my fingers skill for battle.
He is my loving ally and my fortress,
my tower of safety, my rescuer.
He is my shield, and I take refuge in him.
He makes the nations submit to me.
Oh, Lord, you are my rock and I praise you! You train my hands for war and give my fingers skill for battle. You are my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. You are my shield and I take refuge in you. You make my children submit to me.

Thank you, Lord, for how you stepped in to that situation with Fashionista last night. I blew it with her and got angry and yelled at her. But you helped me to turn from my sinful nature and its evil deeds. I cried out to you but I did not go to the keyboard or my journal. I did end up apologizing to Fashionista. I went to bed still feeling like I'd totally blown it. 

Then the first thing Fashionista told me this morning was that she did what I was trying to get her to do. I realized that you heard me even though I didn't totally throw everything up.

Next time I need to go to my keyboard or journal rather than trying to cry out to you with just my thoughts. My thoughts were too jumbled at that point and I needed to either type or write in order to focus them. Thank you, Lord, for showing me this. And thank you for your grace and mercy to me. Thank you for hearing me even through my jumbled thoughts. In Jesus' name, amen <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grapevines are all in blossom.
Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Peter 2:21-23
This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and he never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God who always judges fairly.
1 Peter 2:21-23

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:9-11
Believers who are poor have something to boast about, for God has honored them. And those who are rich should boast that God has humbled them. They will fade away like a little flower in the field. The hot sun rises and the grass withers; the little flower droops and falls, and its beauty fades away. In the same way, the rich will fade away with all of their achievements.
James 1:9-11

No comments: