Monday, October 5, 2015

Oh, That My Actions Would Consistently Reflect Your Decrees!

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 5 - Day 4
Acts 7; Psalm 119:1-8

Psalm 119:5-8
Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
I will obey your decrees.
Please don't give up on me!


Lord, I desperately want my actions to consistently reflect your decrees. You know that my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak. I can only do this with your help. Don't let me be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. 

Lord, your commands are the only standard I need to be living by. Not what other people think of me, not what this world says is the way to live. But, Lord, I do this not to gain salvation but because I already have it because of what you did for me on the cross! I learn your righteous regulations so that I can live by them out of a grateful heart.

I will obey your decrees. Thank you, that you never give up on me! Instead, you come along beside me and hold my hand and show me the right way.

Psalm 37:23-24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will not fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

No other god can do that! You are mighty and awesome and wonderful! I love you! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grapevines are all in blossom.
Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Peter 2:21-23
This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and he never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God who always judges fairly.
1 Peter 2:21-23

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:9-11
Believers who are poor have something to boast about, for God has honored them. And those who are rich should boast that God has humbled them. They will fade away like a little flower in the field. The hot sun rises and the grass withers; the little flower droops and falls, and its beauty fades away. In the same way, the rich will fade away with all of their achievements.
James 1:9-11

No comments: