Sunday, October 4, 2015

Lord, Please Increase My F.A.I.T.H.

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 5 - Day 3
Acts 6; Psalm 145

Psalm 145:17-19
The Lord is righteous in everything he does;
he is filled with kindness.
The Lord is close to those who call on him,
yes, to all who call on him in truth.
He grants the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cries for help and rescues them.

Oh, Lord, you ARE righteous in everything you do. You ARE filled with kindness. Thank you for being close to me when I call on you in truth. I praise you for granting my desires as one who fears you. You hear my cry for help and rescue me.

I want my desires to be your desires. Please help my thoughts and will to line up with yours. Please show me when I am listening to any other voice but yours. I do ask this often, but it isn't because you need to be reminded to show me. It's because I need to be reminded to be watching for it. I constantly forget to remember. So, Lord, please help me to be aware and quick to turn to you.

I don't want to hang out with my old sinful nature any more. I've done that for far too long. Instead, I want to hang out with my beloved Savior. I want to be in your presence always. Lord, please teach me how to do that even in the busyness and chaos of life. Teach me how to keep my thoughts fixed on you all through my day. In Jesus' name, amen. <3




FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grapevines are all in blossom.
Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Peter 2:21-23
This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and he never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God who always judges fairly.
1 Peter 2:21-23

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:9-11
Believers who are poor have something to boast about, for God has honored them. And those who are rich should boast that God has humbled them. They will fade away like a little flower in the field. The hot sun rises and the grass withers; the little flower droops and falls, and its beauty fades away. In the same way, the rich will fade away with all of their achievements.
James 1:9-11

No comments: