Saturday, October 31, 2015

You Purify Me!

Leviticus 14:3-4
"If the priest finds that someone has been healed of a serious skin disease, he will perform a purification ceremony, using two live birds that are ceremonially clean, a stick of cedar, some scarlet yarn, and a hyssop branch."


All the items used in this ceremony speak of cleansing and forgiveness. Later on the person who had been healed was required to shave their head, take a bath, and offer sacrifices. This symbolized a renewed fellowship with God. 

When the sacrifices were offered, the priest put some of the blood on the right ear lobe, right thumb, and right big toe of the person being purified. This showed the person's renewed desire and resolve to worship and serve the Lord. Olive oil was also placed on the same body parts symbolizing the Holy Spirit.


Lord, when I have been engaging those other voices and had an "affair" with them. I need to be cleansed and forgiven too. You are the High Priest who purifies me! I am then able to have renewed fellowship with you. You fill me back up with your Holy Spirit so that I am again equipped to serve and worship you.

You also do all of this for the person who repents of their sins and turns to you as their Lord and Savior for the first time.

And this is just scratching the surface of all the "hidden" meaning in this purification ceremony! What a mighty, awesome, and holy God you are!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

Psalm 19:12-14
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of gilt
and innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O LORD my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:12-14

*http://preceptaustin.org/leviticus_14_commentary.htm

No comments: