Sunday, October 18, 2015

Let Us Run With Endurance

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 7 - Day 2
Hebrews 12; Psalm 119:105-112

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.


Lord, I pray that you will help me to strip off every weight that slows me down, especially the sin that so easily trips me up. Let me run with endurance the race you have set before me. Help me to do this by keeping my eyes on Jesus who is the champion and who initiates and perfects my faith.

Lord, help me to keep my eyes on the prize: Jesus! Don't let me get distracted or discouraged or weary or give up.

Jesus, I'm so thankful that you have already run this race, so you can show me the course and be my pace keeper. If I just keep my eyes on you, I will be able to run with endurance and finish my race well! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:7

Psalm 51:6
Behold, you desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part you will make me know wisdom.
Psalm 51:6

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:16-18
So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 1:16-18

No comments: