Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lord, Save Me From Deception

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 8 - Day 4
Romans 10; Psalm 120
Psalm 120:1-4
I took my troubles to the Lord;
I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.
Rescue me, O Lord, from liars
and from all deceitful people.
O deceptive tongue, what will God do to you?
How will he increase your punishment?
You will be pierced with sharp arrows
and burned with glowing coals.


I praise you, Lord, that I can bring my troubles to you and you answer my prayers. Rescue me from my own deceitful heart! Lord, don't let me believe the lies my sinful nature tries to tell me. I am a woman of unclean lips and I live among a people of unclean lips. (Isaiah 6:5) Please make me clean by washing me with your words of truth. Transform me into a new person by changing the way I think. (Romans 12:2)

I thank you, Lord, for helping me get through my first day of work. Please help me to remember what I'm learning. Help me with the brain overload I've been having while trying to learn all this new information.

And please help me to stop saying, "Gotcha" so much. My FIL says that it breaks his train of thought. I didn't realize how much I say that. At least we were able to joke about it yesterday and he even started saying it too.

Lord, thank you for helping me to tell my FIL about the mistake I made yesterday. My sinful nature was trying hard to keep me from telling him. But I don't want to start out a new job keeping secrets from my boss. That is no way to live anyway. So thank you for helping me to be honest and tell him about it. Lord, could you help me to find a way to correct that mistake?? That would be awesome. I love you, so very much!! In Jesus' name, amen <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Deuteronomy 33:26
There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor.
Deuteronomy 33:26

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

No comments: