Monday, October 26, 2015

Help Me Not Sweat the Details

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 8 - Day 3
Luke 10:38-41; Psalm 119:169-176
Luke 10:41-42
But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it and it will not be taken away from her."


Lord, I tend to get caught up in details too. Help me to be concerned about the one thing, spending time with you. Help me to be aware of your presence with me throughout my day.

Especially as I'm starting this new job, there are a million details that I could be worried and upset about. "Oh Lord, listen to my cry; give me the discerning mind you promised." Psalm 119:169

Lord, I pray that you will help me to remember what MyHero taught me and quickly learn what I still need to learn. Please help my kids to get their schoolwork done so that I will not be stressing over that in addition to learning a new job.

Lord, I would love to be used to draw my Father-in-Law to you. Lord, you know his heart and how hard it seems toward you. Please soften his heart. Help me to have your words for him. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Deuteronomy 33:26
There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor.
Deuteronomy 33:26

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

No comments: